Personal Data Administrator
Alza.cz a.s. is registered at the office at Prague 7, Jankovcova 1522/53, postcode 170 00, company identification No. 27082440, incorporated in the Companies Register kept by the Municipal Court in Prague, Section B, Insert 8573, as a data administrator shall process your personal data.
Type of Data Processed
Personal Data Provided By You
We process personal data provided by you.
If you order goods or services from us, we need the information which is referred to as mandatory in the ordering process (in particular your first name and surname, and delivery address). If we did not have this information we would not be able to deliver the goods. For the purposes of sale of goods or services, we also need your e-mail address, to which we shall send the order confirmation which serves as a confirmation of entering into the purchase agreement, as well as a copy of Terms and Conditions and Complaints Policy.
You can also fill in optional information when ordering goods or services. Such information helps us perform the concluded purchase agreement more efficiently. For instance, if you fill in your telephone number, we can send you a notice of the goods delivery, etc. Providing optional information is voluntary.
After the goods are delivered, you may get an e-mail message with the request to evaluate the goods purchased.
If you contact us via the customer line or you send us a message, we shall also process your personal data stated in such communication.
In case you purchase an electronic book (or other electronic content such as journals) from our online shop, your first name and surname are displayed in the electronic book or journal. This is for the protection against illegal distribution and disclosure of the book you purchased.
By filling in the optional information in your user profile, you may also provide us with other personal data, such as frequently used delivery addresses.
Personal Data Obtained Other Than Directly from You
As part of joint marketing campaigns organised together with our business partners, we are entitled to process your personal data and we may combine them for the purposes of campaigns or of due performance of the agreement, as the case may be.
In the event that your personal data is disclosed to a third party, we shall inform you in advance including informing you of the identity of such third party. If anyone discloses your personal data to us, you will have to be informed as well.
Personal Data of Third Persons Provided by You
In the event you provide us personal data of third persons, you are obliged to inform the person concerned and procure his/her consent to this Personal Data Protection Policy.
It may happen that you purchase goods from us but you do not wish to collect them or make a complaint regarding such goods. You can define authorised persons in your user profile, who shall be entitled to collect or claim goods. Thereby, you provide us their personal data.
Personal Data Processed Automatically
When you visit our website, we may collect certain information such the IP address, date and time of the visit to our website, information about your Internet browser, operation system or language settings. We may also process information about your conduct on our website, such as links opened or goods displayed. The details of your conduct on the web are anonymised for the maximum protection of your privacy, the therefore we are not able to match them with a particular person.
If you access our website from your mobile phone or a similar device or through one of our mobile applications, we can process information about your mobile device, too (mobile phone details, records of application failure etc.).
We automatically process cookies. This is done through Google Analytics, which anonymises your personal data. It means that the cookies are not possible to match with a certain person.
Therefore we cannot monitor (even if we wanted to) the conduct of a certain user on our website. You are ensured maximum anonymity while making purchases on alzashop.com.
Cookies are collected through a script from Google Inc., which is located in the source code of our website. Your cookies are transferred to Google Inc. for anonymisation. Then we work with the anonymised cookies, which by then have ceased to be personal data. The process of anonymisation, i.e. transfer for anonymisation, is processing of personal data, made by us on the legal grounds of legitimate interest.
What is a cookie file?
It is a small text file created upon a visit to a website. It is used as a standard tool for the storage of information about visits to our website.
Thus we can distinguish (not identify) individual users and customise the content to individual preferences. Cookies are important and web browsing would be more difficult without them.
What are cookies used for?
Cookies serve several purposes. We use the following cookies on the website of our online shop and in our mobile applications:
Technical cookies: We use technical cookies to make our online shop work properly (e.g. for you to create a user profile, log in, and buy goods and services). The online shop would not work without cookies.
Functional cookies: These help so that you do not have to log in and set your preferences repeatedly (e.g. setting the language in which our online shop will be displayed). Your password is always encrypted in such procedures. The use of these cookies is not necessary but they make your visit to our online shop more comfortable.
Analytical cookies: Analytical cookies help us improve our online shop, which ultimately benefits you. Analytical cookies on our website are collected by the Google Inc. script which subsequently anonymises the data. The data ceases to be personal data after anonymisation: anonymised cookies are not possible to match with a particular user or person. We only work with anonymised cookies. Therefore we are unable to find out the way in which a concrete user behaved on our website (sites visited, goods displayed etc.).
We also use the findings obtained from these cookies for advertising purposes; we may also display an ad that we consider relevant to you on other websites. If you want to have control over what analytical cookies we process, you can use this add-on program from Google (it can run only on a computer).
How You Can Control Which Cookies We Will Process
You can use one of the common browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Chrome) with anonymous browsing switched on. This shall prevent storage of data concerning the sites visited. You can also block the storage of cookies in the browser. However, if you block the processing of technical and functional cookies, you will disable certain useful functions.
You can easily control the processing of analytical cookies by us if you use this add-on program from Google (it can run only on a computer). However, if you switch off analytical cookies you will make our improvement of the online shop difficult.
Camera Systems In Our Stores
We automatically process camera recordings at our premises, including our self-service boxes, the so-called AlzaBoxes.
Our stores and our self-service boxes, the so-called AlzaBoxes, are monitored by camera systems with online transmission and recording. The stores are equipped with cameras for the sake of prevention and also of investigation of potential illegal activities. The camera systems are operated by us, Alza.cz a.s.
If you access our website from a phone, tablet or similar device, you access the version optimised for such devices. Your personal data is processed similarly to the computer access.
You can also download the Alza application (e.g. Alza.cz, Alza.sk etc.), which will make your shopping easier, or Alza Media, which is designed for your electronic content purchased in our online shop.
In case you allow the use of location information, we can use the location of your device to provide you better user comfort and relevant offers of goods and services (e.g. displaying the closest store). We may also use the data collected in this way to send you customised commercial communication. If you are not comfortable with this, you can easily unsubscribe (see here). The personalised content may be similarly displayed on our website. In this case as well, you have the option to deny this personalisation (click here for more information).
Why We Collect and Process Your Personal Data
Your personal data is processed for the following reasons:
- Purchase of goods and services: the primary purpose of processing your data is due dispatch and delivery of your order. If a problem occurs, we know who to contact from the data you provided.
- Customer care: if you address us with a question/issue, we have to process your personal data in order to answer/resolve it. The data may be transferred to third parties in certain cases (e.g. delivery company or service centre).
- User account: thanks to the personal data entered in your user profile, you will be able to use a number of functions (e.g. if you enter your telephone number, we can easily inform you about the time of the order delivery). You can change the entered details at any time, except for the e-mail address that serves for signing into your user account.
- Electronic marketing: e-mail commercial communication is sent to you upon your consent. You can easily unsubscribe from getting commercial communication by adjusting your user profile settings, using our contact form or calling our infoline at +44 (0)203 514 4411. In case you create more user profiles in which you enter the same contact details, (e.g. you have several accounts for different e-mail addresses, but the telephone number is the same in all the accounts), an automatic sign-off from commercial communication cannot be effected for all the user accounts due to technical reasons. You have to contact us by phone or through the contact form so that all your user accounts may be unsubscribed.
- Telemarketing: marketing calls are made in order to offer you goods and services and related marketing communication. The legal grounds for the processing of your telephone number is either with your consent or at least our legitimate interest in the conventional direct marketing. You are entitled to raise an objection to such processing (see Contact us > Other > Personal data > Raising objection) on our website.
- You can receive a phone call either from our call centre colleague or our robot.
- Marketing competitions: in some cases, the winner may be photographed or recorded mainly for the reason of transparency of our marketing competitions. Such processing of personal data is made on the grounds of our legitimate interest, which consists in the enhancement of credibility of the competitions for other competitors and increasing attractiveness of the competitions. You are entitled to raise an objection to such processing (see Contact us > Other > Personal data > Raising objection) on our website.
- Improvement of services: we are able to offer relevant goods thanks to the history of your orders and conduct on the website (e.g. accessories to the product purchased). Therefore we display such products that are intended just for you and correspond to your needs and interests. In order to optimise web features, we can also use tools testing different variants (A/B testing), such as Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics etc.
- Customer reviews of goods and services: after you purchase products or services from us, your may be asked to evaluate them. You may also post a review on your own initiative.
- Call center: if you contact us via our call center (infoline), your call shall be recorded upon prior notice. Such records serve for the inspection of quality of services provided by our staff.
- Assertion of rights and legal claims and inspection by public authorities: we can also process your personal data in order to assert our rights and legal claims (e.g. in the event that we have an overdue invoice in your name). We may also process your data for inspections by public authorities and other serious reasons.
Legal Grounds for Processing of Personal Data
Conclusion and Performance of Agreement
A large part of your personal data are needed by us in order to conclude the purchase agreement or another contract for goods and services you intend to purchase. After the agreement is concluded, we process your personal data in order to duly deliver the purchased goods, or to render the purchased services. We process in particular billing and delivery details on the above legal grounds.
We also use your personal data to provide you the relevant content, which may be of interest to you. On the grounds of legitimate interest, we process particular personal data, which is processed automatically, and cookies.
We may also send you e-mails and text messages or call you on the same legal grounds. Processing of personal data related to monitoring via camera systems in our stores is based on the above legal grounds as well.
Due to the protection against illegal distribution and disclosure of the electronic book you purchased (or other electronic content), your first name, surname and address are displayed in the electronic book.
In case we process your personal data on these legal grounds, you are entitled to raise an objection to such processing (see Contact us > Other > Personal data > Raising objection) on our website.
For the purposes of e-mail marketing and telemarketing, we process your personal data upon your consent. If you do not grant your consent and you are our customer, we can send you commercial newsletter (or give you telemarketing calls) even without your consent. In any case, you are entitled to reject such marketing communication simply by (a) adjusting you user profile settings, (b) using our contact form, or c) calling our hotline at +44 (0)203 514 4411 (when prompted by the robot, please choose "other" as the reason for the call).
We also ask for your consent if we need to verify your ability to pay for the goods delivered to you without your paying the full purchase price in advance (e.g. the One Third service, when you pay 1/3 of the purchase price upon collecting the goods and the remaining 2/3 within 3 months, or the service Alza NEO, when we loan you the selected device).
We also ask for your consent when you sign, for example, the receipt of a claim using the Signosoft s.r.o. signpad, ID No.: 24307190. If you do not agree with the biometric signature using the signpad, you can sign the relevant document in a regular manner.
If you grant your consent to the personal data processing, you are entitled to withdraw it at any time through our contact form (see Contact us > Other > Personal data > Other).
Transfer of Personal Data to Third Parties
Your personal data is transferred to third parties in the following cases:
- Delivery of goods: The carrier chosen by you would not be able to deliver the goods ordered unless we transfer the information on where and to whom the goods should be delivered. This data is transferred to the carrier as entered in the order. Such data includes in particular your first name and surname, delivery address, telephone number where the carrier may contact you, and the amount to be paid on delivery, as the case may be. The carrier is only entitled to process the personal data we transfer for the purposes of delivery; the carrier must delete the personal data promptly afterwards.
- Delivery of goods stored for us by a contractual partner: If you order goods which are stored by our contractual partner, we have to transfer your personal data to this contractual partner who shall complete the order. Such data include sin particular your first name and surname, delivery address, telephone number where the carrier may contact you, and the amount to be paid on delivery, as the case may be. The contractual partner has to transfer the data to the carrier that shall deliver the goods; otherwise the carrier would not be able to make the delivery. The contractual partner that stores the goods for us and the carrier are only entitled to process the personal data we transfer to them for the purposes of the goods storage/delivery; they must delete the personal data promptly afterwards.
- Delivery of goods via alzaExpres (including related services such as appliance installation): to improve the quality of our alzaExpres service, we use satisfaction questionnaires, which are sent out by our contractual partner ROUCEK Group s.r.o., Company registration number 01451561 ([email protected]).) For this purpose, we transfer your personal data consisting of the name, surname and delivery address to the above-mentioned partner.
- Payment cards: Our company does not possess the details of payment cards used by you. The details of your payment cards are only available to the secure payment gateway and the relevant bank. If you have your payment card stored to speed up further purchases in our online shop, we only have basic information such as the first and last digits of the card. If you wish to delete this data, go to the user profile settings and delete the payment card information (Account Settings > Payment Cards > Remove).
- One Third service: If you make a purchase using the One Third service, you will receive the goods before you pay us the full purchase price. Therefore, in this case, we need to verify your ability to pay for the rest of the purchase. For this purpose, we pass on your personal data to Nikita Engine s r.o., Company ID No. 04180054, GEOAPPLY s r.o. - Company ID No. 03477258, and Intrum Czech, s r.o. - Company ID No. 27221971. We will hand over your personal data to the above-mentioned companies even if you do not pay the rest of the purchase price. If you fail to pay the remaining part of the purchase price properly and in a timely manner, we will pass your personal data to the debtor register kept by Intrum Czech, s r.o. (Company ID No. 27221971) and LogiCall Česká republika, s r.o. (Company ID No. 26849551).
- Student’s program: If you have registered in the Alza student program, we verify the validity of your ISIC/ITIC card with each purchase in the ISIC database, ie in the database of company GTS ALIVE s.r.o., IČO 26193272. Transferred data include only your name, surname and card number, details of your purchase are not shared with the company GTS ALIVE s.r.o.
- Alza NEO Service: As part of the service, we will give you a device (e.g. phone, tablet, laptop) that you will use while paying a regular fee. Since you do not pay the full purchase price, we need to verify your ability to pay the regular fee for the device. For this purpose, we pass on your personal data to Bisnode Česká republika, a.s. - Company ID 63078201, CRIF - Czech Credit Bureau, a.s. - Company ID 262 12 242 , Nikita Engine s.r.o. - Company ID 04180054, GEOAPPLY s.r.o. - Company ID No. 03477258 and Intrum Czech, s.r.o. - Company ID No. 27221971. If you fail to pay the monthly fees for the leased product properly and in a timely manner, we will pass your personal data to the debtor registers kept by Intrum Czech, s r.o. (Company ID No. 27221971), LogiCall Česká republika, s r.o. (Company ID No. 26849551), Intrum Slovakia, s r.o. (Company ID No. 35831154, registered at the District Court in Bratislava I, Slovak Republic, file no. 26033/B) and LogiCall Slovensko, s r.o. (Company ID No. 44151721, registered at the District Court in Žilina, Slovak Republic, file 61891/L). If you fail to meet your obligations in the long term, we may alsotransfer your personal data to (i) debt collection agencies that assist us with debt collection (ii) companies that express an interest in buying your debt to Alza, and (iii) company which buys your debt to Alza (in the case of an assignment of a claim).
- Get the best Internet and TV prices at your address: The service is provided by a third party – the company Porovnejsito.cz s.r.o., Company ID No: 06523072, to which your personal data will be transferred for the purpose of providing the service. Only the personal data you fill in the form requesting this service (name, address, e-mail address and telephone number) shall be transferred. The terms and conditions of processing personal data of the company Porovnejsito.cz can be found here.
- Bank ID verification: to simplify access to some of our services, such as One Third Service or Alza NEO, or to verify your age when purchasing alcohol or other age-restricted goods or services, we offer you the possibility to verify your identity using the BankID service. In this case, your personal information is transmitted to the identification service provider, Bank Identity, Inc., ID No. 09513817, and your bank.
- Purchase from Alza via Aukro.cz: If you have a registered account with us and you also purchase from us on the Aukro.cz portal, your data will be reflected in the order via the Aukro.cz portal as part of the service improvement.
- Commercial communication: In case we send commercial communication (e.g. via e-mail or text message) or if we use telemarketing, we may use a third party to distribute the messages or make phone calls. Such third party is bound by the obligation of confidentiality and is not allowed to use your personal data for any other purpose.
- Reviews of products or services via Heureka.cz or Zboží.cz: In case we send you questionnaires about purchase review, your data (e-mail address, information about purchased goods/services) may be shared with the operator of the Heureka.cz portal (Heureka Group a.s.), or the operator of the Zboží.cz portal (Seznam.cz, a.s.).
- Public authorities: in the event that we enforce our rights, your personal data may be transferred to a third party (e.g. an Attorney-at-Law). If we are obliged to transfer your personal data by virtue of law or upon a request by a public authority (e.g. Czech Police), we have to do so.
- Complaints: To expedite and to process your complaint more efficiently, the service centre may need additional information about the fault, its manifestations or other relevant information. For this purpose, we forward to the service centre (to which we send the product you have complained about) the information you have provided in the complaint (i.e. mainly your name, address, telephone number, email).
Companies in the Group: your personal data may be shared on the legal grounds of legitimate interest with subsidiaries of Alza.cz a.s., registered office at Prague 7, Jankovcova 1522/53, postcode 170 00, company identification No. 27082440, incorporated in the Companies Register kept by the Municipal Court in Prague, Section B, Insert 8573, namely with:
- Alza.sk s. r. o., company identification No. 36 562 939, with its registered office at Sliačska 1D, Bratislava - Nové Mesto, postcode 831 02, incorporated in the Companies Register kept by the District Court in Bratislava I;
- Alza.at GmbH, incorporated at the Provincial Court in Wien, file No. 468821v, with its registered office at Favoritenstraße 21, 1040 Wien;
- Alza.de GmbH, incorporated at the District Court in Munich, file No. HRB 227361, with its registered office at Geigerstr. 2, Munich, Germany;
- Alza.hu Kft, reg. No. 01-09-286873, with its registered office at 1137 Budapest, Róbert Károly krt 54-58;
- whereas you are entitled to raise an objection thereto through our contact form (Other > Personal data).
What Is the Period for Processing Your Personal Data?
We shall process your personal data for the entire duration of the contractual relationship between you and us.
In case your personal data processing is based on consent, your personal data shall be, in general, processed for 7 years or until such consent is withdrawn.
In case you subscribe to commercial communication, your personal data shall be processed for 7 years or until you express your disapproval of such communication. You can easily express your disapproval by adjusting your user profile settings, using our contact form or calling our infoline at +44 (0)203 514 4411 (when prompted by the robot, please choose "other" as the reason for the call).
Please note that the personal data necessary for the due rendering of services or for the fulfillment of all our duties, ensuing either from the contract between us or from generally binding legal regulations have to be processed regardless of whether you granted your consent for the period set out in the relevant legal regulations and in compliance therewith (e.g. tax documents must be processed for at least 10 years).
The data obtained through the user account or in a similar way are processed for the period of using our services and then usually for 5 years after cancellation. Basic identification data and the information why the user account was canceled or information which is a part of operational advance deposits are usually stored for the relevant period.
The recordings of phone calls from and to the call center are archived for a short period, not exceeding 1 year, unless it is necessary for us to store them for a longer period due to a legitimate interest (e.g. suspicion of data misuse, fraud etc.).
The camera records are usually stored for 90 days. If illegal conduct occurs in the monitored area, we can call the police and give the records to the relevant authority (police, court etc.). In such case, the records are not deleted after 90 days; we keep them for the sake of evidence until the issue is finally decided.
CCTV footage records at AlzaBoxes are normally stored for 28 days.
Personal Data Security
Your personal data is safe with us. We have adopted adequate technical and organisational measures in order to prevent unauthorised access and misuse of your personal data.
At Alza we are concerned about the protection of your personal data. Therefore we regularly check and improve our security. All communication between your device and our web servers is encrypted. Logins are hashed and your data is only stored on servers in secure data centers with limited, carefully controlled and audited accesss.
We try to use such safety measures that provide sufficient security based on state-of-the-art technology. The safety measures adopted are regularly updated.
This is why we use 2-step verification when you sign in to your user account.
We do not have your passwords saved to our system or any database. We work with special calculated hash keys generated by the BCRYPT hash function with work factor/cost 12. This hash function is currently the most powerful and safest to use.
Personal Data of Children Younger Than 16 Years of Age
Our online shop is not intended for children under 16. A person under 16 is allowed to use our online shop only upon consent of his or her parent or guardian.
What Are Your Rights Related to Personal Data Protection?
In relation to your personal data, you have in particular the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time, the right to correct or supplement your personal data, the right to request restriction of processing, the right to raise an objection to or a complaint of the processing of your personal data, the right to access your personal data, the right to request the transfer of your personal data, the right to be informed of a breach of security of your personal data and, under certain conditions, the right to the deletion of certain personal data we process about you ("the right to be forgotten").
Changes and Amendments
You control your personal data mainly through your user account (My Alza > Account Settings > My account). Here you can delete or change the basic information about yourself and change the settings concerning commercial communication (or unsubscribe), etc.
You can also contact us through the our contact form.
In case you believe that your personal data has been processed incorrectly, you can contact us through the contact form. However, it will be faster and more efficient for you to correct the personal data by yourself in your user profile.
Pursuant to the amendment to Act No. 235/2004 Coll., On Value Added Tax, it is not possible to change data in an already issued invoice as of 1 January 2013. The invoice details can only be changed if you have not yet received and paid for the goods.
You can ask us to send you an overview of your personal data. If you have an account with us, please log in and proceed as follows: My Alza > Account Settings > My Account > Basic Information. Then click the button that says "Request my personal data". If you do not have your user account with us, please contact us using this contact form.
You also have the right to access the following information concerning your personal data:
- What are the purposes of processing your personal information
- What are the categories of the affected personal data
- Who is the recipient of your personal data, besides you
- What is the planned period of storage of your personal data
- Whether you have the right to claim the correction or deletion, restriction of personal data processing or to raise an objection to such processing
- Information on the source of the personal data in case we did not obtain them from you
You may also claim the deletion of your personal data (this shall not apply to data in documents that are subject to the obligation of archiving under the law (e.g. invoices or credit notes). In case we need your personal data to determine, execute or defend our legal claims, your request may be rejected (e.g. if we have an overdue invoice in your name or if the complaint procedure is in progress).
Please note that the essential details of your payment card are not stored by our company; they are stored at the payment gateway. Therefore, we are not able to delete such data; you have to address the payment gateway which mediated the payment (see section Transfer of personal data to third parties > Payment Cards > More information).
You are entitled to the deletion of data in the following cases:
- The personal data is not needed for the purposes for which it was being processed
- You have withdrawn your consent under which the data was processed and there is no further legal grounds for being processed
- You have objected to the processing of personal data and you believe that after assessing your objection, it will become clear that your interest in the particular situation prevails over ours
- The personal data has been processed unlawfully
- The deletion obligation is stipulated by a special legal regulation
- The personal data concerns a person under 16
How to exercise your right to deletion? If you have an account with us, please log in and proceed as follows: My Alza > Account Settings > My Account > Basic Information. Then click on the button with the text "Request for deletion of personal data" and follow the displayed instructions. If you do not have a user account with us, please contact us using this contact form.
Raising an Objection
Certain personal data is processed on the grounds of our legitimate interest (see section “Legal grounds for processing of personal data”). In the case that you have concrete reasons, you are entitled to raise an objection to the processing of this personal data. The objection can be raised through the contact form.
Restriction of Processing
In case (a) you deny the accuracy of your personal data, (b) your personal data is processed unlawfully, (c) we do not need your personal data for processing purposes, but it is needed to determine, execute or defend your legal claims, or (d) you raised an objection under the preceding paragraph, you shall be entitled to us restricting the processing of your personal data.
In such cases, we may process your personal data only upon your consent (except for the storage or backup of the personal data concerned).
Lodging a Complaint
If you believe that your personal data has been processed unlawfully, you are entitled to lodge a complaint at the Office for Personal Data Protection. However, we will appreciate if you address us first and we can try to resolve your concerns. You can always easily contact us through our contact form (Personal data > Other) or through our infoline at the number +44 (0)203 514 4411.
This Personal Data Protection Policy is valid and effective from 15 August 2022 and it is available in electronic form at www.alzashop.com. If you use the mobile application, find us in the "Contact us" section.Homepage
About Alza.cz a.s.
Jankovcova 1522/53, Prague7 - Holešovice
Commercial ID No
VAT Registered No
Commercial Register Entry
Municipal Court in Prague, Section B, Insert 8573
Aleš Zavoral, Petr Bena, Miroslav Kövary, Jakub Krejčíř
Claims, Complaints, Alternative Dispute Resolution
Customer Care Service
+44 (0)203 514 4411; [email protected]
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Online dispute resolution pursuant to Art. 14 section 1 ODR platform: The European Commission provides a platform for online dispute resolution (OS). Before proceeding with an out-of-court settlement for a dispute, we recommend that you deal with the situation first with us in the light of our experience.
BIC/SWIFT Code: CITIGB2LXXX
Branch Name: London (DB AG)
Address: 6 Bishopsgate London Ec2p 2at